You are here
How can I hide my IP address?
How can I hide my IP address?
First of all, why hide your IP address? The answer is simple, because the IP address may reveal the user's information. But beyond that, hiding IP addresses has the following benefits:
1. Hide their geographic location;
2. Prevent web tracking and avoid leaving a digital footprint;
3. Bypass any ban or blacklist of its IP address.
So how do you hide your IP address? Here are a few ways to summarize:
1. Proxy Server
2. Virtual Private Network (VPN)
3. Secure Shell Protocol (SSH)
Total Time: 30 minutes
Supply & Tools:
- Proxy Server
Proxy concept: Proxy, also known as a network proxy, is a special kind of network service that allows a network terminal (usually a client) to make an indirect connection with another network terminal (usually a server) through this service. Some network devices such as gateways and routers have network proxy functions. It is generally believed that the proxy service is beneficial to protect the privacy or security of the network terminal and prevent attacks.
In other words, the proxy server is basically another computer that acts as a hub through which Internet requests are handled. By connecting to a server, your computer sends your request to the proxy server, which then processes your request and returns what you want. In this way, it acts as an intermediary between your home machine (or cell phone) and the rest of the computers on the Internet. Connecting to the Internet through a proxy will not display your computer's home IP address, but will display the proxy server's IP to protect your privacy.
You can find it by any search engine such as Google, and type "Proxy List" and "Proxy Server" to find these proxy server providers. There are free agents and paid agents, generally recommended for payment, because paid agents are more reliable, faster and more secure.
Virtual Private Network (VPN)
A virtual private network is a method for adding security and privacy to private and public networks, such as WiFi hotspots and the Internet. VPNs are most commonly used by enterprises to protect sensitive data, but the use of personal VPNs is becoming more and more popular. Using VPN can better protect privacy because the user's initial IP address is replaced by an IP address from the VPN provider. This method allows the user to obtain an IP address from any gateway city provided by the VPN service. For example, you might be in Singapore, but with a VPN, you can show you in Beijing, Los Angeles, or any gateway city.
Security is the main reason why companies use VPN for many years. There are many more convenient ways to intercept network data, such as using WiFiSpoofing and Firesheep to crack information. It can be illustrated in such a way that the firewall protects your data information on the computer, and the VPN protects your data information on the network. VPNs use advanced encryption protocols and secure tunneling techniques to encapsulate all online data transfers. With the increasing awareness of netizens' security, more and more Internet users will choose to set up firewalls and update virus databases when they are connected. Evolving security threats and rising reliance on the Internet make VPN an important part of ensuring overall security. An integrity check ensures that no data is lost and the connection is not hijacked. This method is better than an agent because all traffic is protected.
Best VPN Recommendations:
|Best reliable and secure VPN||6||$3.49/mo||4.5 out of 5||TRY|
|Speedy, reliable, and economical||Unlimited||$2.30/mo||4.5 out of 5||TRY|
|Ultra-fast, stable, and secure||5||$6.67/mo||4.7 out of 5||TRY|
|Secure & no speed limit||12||$3.75/mo||4.0 out of 5||✕|
|Most transparent and reliable VPN, cost-effective||Unlimited||$2.03/mo||4.6 out of 5||✕|
|Fast and reliable, great streaming performance||7||$2.03/mo||4.6 out of 5||✕|
|Fast streaming, reliable, money-back guarantee||Unlimited||$1.99/mo||4.1 out of 5||✕|
|A fantastic, well-rounded VPN||12||$3.66/mo||4.5 out of 5||✕|
How to set up a VPN?
Setting up a VPN is a simple process. It is usually as simple as entering a username and server address. Smartphones can be configured with PPTP and L2TP/IPsec protocols, and all major operating systems can be configured with PPTP VPN connections. The OpenVPN and L2TP/IPsec protocols require a small open source application (OpenVPN) and certificate download respectively.
There are many ways to implement VPN. There are four commonly used ones:
- 1. VPN server: In a large LAN, VPN can be implemented by setting up a VPN server in the network center;
- 2. Software VPN: VPN can be implemented through dedicated software;
- 3. Hardware VPN: VPN can be implemented through dedicated hardware;
- 4. Integrated VPN: Some hardware devices, such as routers and firewalls, all contain VPN functions, but hardware devices that generally have VPN functions are usually more expensive than those without this function.
Select “Connect to Workspace”, then select “Use my Internet connection VPN, connect using the virtual private network （VPN） over the Internet”, and then click “I will set up the Internet connection later”;
Secure Shell Protocol(SSH)
SSH is an acronym for Secure Shell, which is currently a more reliable protocol for providing security for remote login sessions and other network services. The SSH protocol can effectively prevent information leakage during remote management. By using SSH, you can encrypt all transmitted data and also prevent DNS spoofing and IP spoofing.
SSH alternative application: use SSH to do socks5 proxy.
- 1. Containing MyEntunnel;
- 2. Download PuTTY and extract it to the directory of the MyEntunnel program.
- 3. Run MyEntunnel.exe, set: SSH Server fill in the address or IP of SSH FTP, fill in the user name and password, click Connect, the small lock in the system bar turns green and the connection is successful;
- 4. Set up your browser. IE does not support the socks proxy, you can use the Firefox settings, open the Firefox proxy settings page, fill in the 127.0.0.1 port in the socks host to fill in the original settings, the default 7070;
- 5. After the setup is successful, open MyEntunnel. After a successful connection, use the Firefox browser to access the Internet. The displayed IP address is the IP address of the proxy server, thus hiding the user's real IP address.
- Does my IP address contain personal privacy?
- How can I hide my IP address?
- How can I change my IP address?
- What is an IP address?
- What is the use of IP address locating?
- What is the meaning of the IP address location information?
- What is the IP administrator Whois information?
- What is the use of IP administrator whois information?
- What is the meaning of IP administrator whois information?