You are here
How to view and modify the IP address of my mobile phone?
As we know, mobile phones are one of the most important tools that help us access the Internet and mobile phones also have IP addresses. So, how to check and modify the IP address of your mobile phone?
IP addresses can be divided into public IP addresses and private IP addresses. The public IP address can be accessed directly on the Internet whereas the private IP address needs to use NAT to map it to the public network because it is a local area network such as a home, school, or company. The following will introduce the methods to view and modify the private IP address and public IP address on your mobile phone.
Total Time: Approximately 20 minutes
Supply & Tools:
- Android phone
View and modify mobile phone's private IP address
Previous instructions: to view and modify the private IP, you need to connect the mobile phone to WIFI. If you use a data package to access the Internet, then the mobile phone only has a public IP. You can directly slide down to the following section to learn about how to view the mobile phone's public IP address.
(1) On an Android phone
4. If you don't want to use this IPv4 address, you can also modify it on this page. Click in sequence: IP Settings → Static → Fill in the new IP address (for example, modify it to 192.168.100.145) → Click "√" in the upper right corner to save.
Note: When modifying the IP address, the last digit of 192.168.100.X can be between 2 and 254, but do not set it to be the same as the IP address of other users, so as not to cause IP conflicts and be unable to access the Internet.
Right now, your Android phone IP address is modified. You can return to the network details page to view the latest IP address and verify whether you can access the Internet normally. If you cannot access the Internet, you can change to an unallocated IP address between 192.168.100.2~192.168.100.54 and try again several times.
(2) On an iPhone
4. If you want to change the IP, you can also modify it on this page. Click in sequence: Configure IP → Manual→ Fill in the new IP address (for example, modify it to 192.168.100.190), the subnet mask and router address remain still → Click "Save".
5. Modify DNS manually. Because the DNS of the iPhone is still the default automatic at this time, only modifying the IP address will not be able to access the Internet. To modify the DNS is also on the detailed information page of the connected WIFI, click in sequence: Configure DNS → Manual → Fill in the DNS server address (using Hubei Telecom DNS as an example) → Save.
Right now, you can go back to the details page of the connected WIFI to view the latest IP address of the iPhone, and your network is also in normal.
View and modify mobile phone's public IP address
Previous instructions: to view and modify the public IP address of a mobile phone does not distinguish the phone's system. Here introduce a general method.
(1) View public IP address
(2) Modify public IP address
1. If you are using mobile phone data to connect to the Internet, you only need to turn on the airplane mode and then turn it off after a while, the IP address will be automatically updated without using a proxy or VPN.
2. If you connect to the Internet through WIFI, you cannot simply switch the airplane mode to modify the public network IP, manually restart the modem does. This will enable the device to resend the dialing request, and a new public IP address can be obtained. However, this method may cause network disconnection, you should be cautious to operate.